[Jobs] Senior Web Architect - North West London
btb at orbis-resourcing.com
Tue Jun 12 10:27:39 BST 2007
My client is part of a group – an Anglo-French company and Europe’s largest online photo service, with projected turnover of around 40M€ in 2007. The emphasis is on very high quality customer service and products for which we have won many awards. The group has technology teams and production operations in London and Paris. The company is still growing quickly, with currently over 4m members/800,000 active customers generating thousands of orders per day.
Main Purpose of Job
To define and design the web architecture for my client’s e-commerce and storage systems, providing web technology infrastructure to the group. You will be an extremely experienced web developer in LAMP technologies (Linux Apache Mysql Perl) with a proven track record of delivery and productivity. You will be a hands-on person, very actively involved in development and excited by technology challenges. You will be comfortable with a senior position holding much responsibility.
* Reporting to the Group CTO, based in London.
* Working with my client’s existing web guru/architect.
* Co-ordination of development activity with the project team (programme manager and project manager).
The job will include these tasks
* Designing and refining my client’s web architecture. Learning about their existing architecture, creating innovative ways to improve it and presenting them effectively to the business.
* Balancing technology expectations between various departments in two countries
* Working with technology departments to turn your designs into completed projects. This will involve both management of/liaison with other developers and a considerable amount of your own software development effort.
* Understanding every aspect of my client’s technology systems - not just those in your immediate job area – including servers, networks, LANs and WANs and storage systems to such a level that you will be able to offer advice to the company on any part of them, and third-line support when necessary.
Skills are required in these areas
* Linux – knowledge of Linux systems down to kernel level.
* Perl – at least 5 years experience with a full understanding of object oriented Perl
* Database design and administration – particularly with MySQL
* Storage systems – in-depth understanding of RAID technologies.
* Network architecture – from ethernet through TCP/IP to HTTP and high-level protocols
* Working knowledge of languages such as C, C++, Java or .NET.
* Ability to set your own goals and manage your own time effectively
The job is based in London. The candidate must be a well organised individual and clear communicator, comfortable with a senior position with much responsibility. They must have a track record of delivery and productivity in a software development environment.
Salary £40 - £60,000
SEND CV NOW FOR CONSIDERATION - INTERVIEW SLOTS TO FILL
If this role is inappropriate, please reply with CV and identify your ideal position. Also, forward the spec to anyone you believe may be interested
Orbis Resourcing Ltd
btb at orbis-resourcing.com <mailto:btb at orbis-resourcing.com>
T +44 (0) 1491 874 111
F +44 (0) 1491 874 443
Orbis Resourcing acts as an Employment Agency and Employment Business. If having received this email you would prefer not to receive details of this nature, do not hesitate in contacting us directly; Orbis Resourcing are registered with the UK Information Commissioner, therefore any personal details held on our database will be amended accordingly. Should your details have been acquired from a different source, we will advise you as to where they came from so that you can take appropriate action.
This message may also contain confidential and proprietary material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Orbis Resourcing Ltd accepts no responsibility for the contents of this email or any attachments and accepts no liability for any expenses incurred during the recruitment process.
Orbis Resourcing Ltd is a Private Limited Company no: 4565218, registered address: The White House, Mill Road, Goring-on-Thames, Berkshire, RG8 9DD, UK. VAT registration no: 798 3444 73
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs