[Jobs] Backend Perl Developer, London
mark.fowler at photobox.com
Tue Mar 18 13:58:40 GMT 2008
PhotoBox Group is an Anglo-French company and Europe’s largest online
photo service. The emphasis is on very high quality customer service
and products for which we have won many awards. The group has
technology teams and production operations in west London and
northwest Paris (Sartrouville). The company is still growing quickly.
The websites have over 4 million members, generating thousands of
orders per day.
Role and responsibilities:
Responsible for building the business logic and database processing of
a major international e-commerce website using LAMP technologies
(Linux Apache MySQL Perl). The successful candidate will have had
experience working with web services, with a track record of
delivering on-time and to specification.
The company is in the process of replacing 5 legacy systems with one
website and brand across Europe. PhotoBox aims to become rapidly the
undoubted and most creative player on the online photo service market.
Its ambition is sustained by a visionary and determined management team.
* Perl - at least 5 years experience with a full understanding of
object oriented Perl
* Database design and administration – particularly with MySQL
* Working knowledge of Linux and UNIX systems
* Network architecture – from ethernet through TCP/IP to HTTP and high-
* Working knowledge of languages such as C, C++, XSLT, Java or .NET.
* Ability to set your own goals and manage your own time effectively
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
* creativity and flair for creating efficient robust and well
structured Perl modules
* a track record of strong productivity in a development environment
* a well organised individual
* a clear communicator will all levels of the technology department
(from colleagues to CTO)
* able to ensure consistent IT standards are followed
* able to work as part of a team
* EU citizen or HSMP/other work permit with at least 2 years remaining
Written/spoken French would be an advantage but is not essential
West London, with possibility for remote working considered
45K - 60K per annum + bonus and benefits.
Please send CVs to: tech.jobs at photobox.co.uk
More information about the Jobs