[Jobs] Perl Contractor Vacancy
jess.robinson at sophos.com
Fri Jul 24 09:17:20 BST 2009
Perl Contractor vacancy
Sophos Plc is looking for a Perl Developer to complete a 6 week contract, based at our headquarters in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
Details of the role
To develop changes to the existing corporate website based on requirements from the Marketing team and to provide software and system support to the website.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Develop extensions or changes to the code base in Perl to extend the website content based on requirements established with the marketing team through specification meetings
· Fix bugs in the code or in the web environment reported via the standard ticketing mechanism
· Program in a source control environment (CVS)
· Document changes in our standard technical documentation repository
· Implement system level changes to the servers/interface for the website under the standard change control process
· Develop some HTML/CSS pages to change the layout and look and feel of the website
· Provide technical assistance to the marketing team in their usage of the internal web content management system
Essential experience requirements
· Development in LAMP (Libux, Apache, MySQL, Perl) on a complex business critical production website environment
· Take-on of an existing very complex application written by someone else
· Provision of technical support on a LAMP based environment
· Working with non technical users in marketing business function to establish specifications/requirements
Approximate rate of £250 p/day
To apply: Please send CV and covering letter to alan.ford at sophos.com<mailto:alan.ford at sophos.com>. Interviews will be conducted at our headquarters in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
email: alan.ford at sophos.com
tel: 01235 544179
SOPHOS - simply secure
Sophos Plc, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 348 3873 20.
More information about the Jobs