[Jobs] High Level OO Perl Developer Required in London
nkp at orbis-resourcing.com
Thu Oct 15 12:28:30 BST 2009
Good afternoon everyone,
Our client based in London (Paddington) is actively looking to recruit a
Frameworks Developer on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have an extensive proven track record of
working with Perl and MySql.
Good communication skills are essential as you will be liaising with
various teams in the organisation.
Role: Frameworks Developer
Salary: Competitive + bonus + benefits
Main Purpose of role:
Working within one of the two scrum teams the candidate will form part
of a larger team of 20. They will have a proven track record of building
highly transactional and performant web based systems and like to be
challenged. The successful candidate will have specific responsibility
for building the business logic and database processing within the API
using LAMP technologies (Linux Apache Mysql Perl). They will have had
experience working in a fast-paced web development team, with a track
record of delivering on-time and to specification.
The successful candidate is required to have the following technical
* Perl - at least 5 years experience with a full understanding of
object oriented Perl
* Database design and administration - particularly with MySQL
* Linux - knowledge of Linux systems down to kernel level.
* Network architecture - from ethernet through TCP/IP to HTTP and
* Working knowledge of languages such as C, C++, Java or .NET.
* Development of core API and supporting tools to meet new
* Assist other internal and external teams in the appropriate
use of the API and enhance it where necessary to support them.
* Assist in providing development estimates
* Assist in providing technical feedback on business
* Follow project specifications and timescales
* Use SVN to manage source code releases
* Investigate and fix software faults and bugs as assigned
* Comment and document own work so that it can be modified and
maintained by other staff
* Following and improving team standards for code control, testing
and release management
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
* Creativity and flair for creating efficient, robust and well
structured perl modules
* A track record of strong productivity in a development
* A well organised individual
* A clear communicator will all levels of the technology
department (from colleagues to CTO)
* Able to ensure consistent IT standards are followed
* Able to work as part of a team
* Educated to degree level in a technical discipline (Computer
Science / Engineering)
For further information, send me your most up to date CV ASAP
Orbis Resourcing Ltd offers rewards for successful referrals
Orbis Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment
If this role is inappropriate, please reply with your most up to date CV
and identify your ideal position
T: +44 (0) 1491 874 111
F: +44 (0) 1491 874 443
nkp at orbis-resourcing.com
Orbis Resourcing acts as an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
If having received this email you would prefer not to receive details of
this nature, do not hesitate in contacting us directly; Orbis Resourcing
are registered with the UK Information Commissioner, therefore any
personal details held on our database will be amended accordingly.
Should your details have been acquired from a different source, we will
advise you as to where they came from so that you can take appropriate
This message may also contain confidential and proprietary material for
the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Orbis
Resourcing Ltd accepts no responsibility for the contents of this email
or any attachments and accepts no liability for any expenses incurred
during the recruitment process.
Orbis Resourcing Ltd is a Private Limited Company no: 4565218,
registered address: The White House, Mill Road, Goring-on-Thames,
Berkshire, RG8 9DD, UK. VAT registration no: 798 3444 73
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs