[Jobs] "This job description replaces the previous one"
baljit.kaur at uk.clara.net
Tue May 18 09:08:15 BST 2010
Systems Developer - £50-55k - London
We're looking for a first class Perl guru to work on an exciting server and network automation project. The ideal candidate will know Perl inside out, and be equally able to write GUI code as well as back end API code running in both Windows and Linux environments. Sound like you? Read on.....
The Hosting Service Centre is the Claranet Group Centre of Excellence where the research and development of new platforms and products and day-to-day operations of Volume Hosting platforms take place. Today, the HSC operate the Volume Hosting platforms for many of our European Operating Companies on infrastructure hosted in the UK.
You will be working on the team responsible for the development of the Graceland project - a project to automate the deployment and configuration of physical and virtual servers, routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers for customer solutions deployed throughout Europe.
This is a fast-moving environment where you're required to have a good understanding not only of the programming languages and frameworks that we use, but of Linux and Windows operating systems, virtualisation, network configuration, and server configuration management as well (see below for the tools we use). The role involves developing both the graphical user interface and the back-end API which is called by the GUI to control and query the servers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To agree specifications with Architect
* To develop user interfaces in Perl / Catalyst to the agreed specification
* To develop backend APIs to interrogate and configure network devices
* To develop backend APIs to deploy, configure and interrogate servers, VMMs and VMs
* To develop an automated test regime which will test the developed software on all certified hardware configurations
* Contribute to the design of the application
* Document the application
* Train users and assist in rollout of the application
Required Experience and expertise:
* Perl: must be completely comfortable maintaining and writing object-oriented Perl, and be able to write good, modular, understandable code
* MySQL: Must be completely comfortable using MySQL, and have an excellent knowledge of SQL
* Good understanding of networking concepts, including
o Loadbalancer configuration
o Firewall configuration
* Good knowledge of Red Hat Linux and all flavours of Windows
* Exposure to Virtualisation (Hyper-V, VMware and Xen)
* Good troubleshooting skills
Preference will be given to candidates who also have:
* Familiarity with Dell hardware, DRAC
* Catalyst: should have experience of using Catalyst web application framework
Apply now and email me on Baljit.kaur at uk.clara.net with your CV.
Baljit.Kaur at uk.clara.net <mailto:Baljit.Kaur at uk.clara.net>
Dir +44 (0) 20 7685 8161
Tel +44 (0) 20 7685 8000
21 Southampton Row
London - WC1B 5HA - UK
Company Registration: 3152737 - Place of registration: England
All the information contained within this electronic message from Claranet Ltd is covered by the disclaimer at http://www.claranet.co.uk/disclaimer <http://www.claranet.co.uk/disclaimer>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs