[Jobs] Perl Development Team Manager @ NET-A-PORTER
steve.purkis at net-a-porter.com
Wed Nov 17 10:29:19 GMT 2010
We are seeking a talented and technically proficient Development Manager to
lead a team of talented Perl Developers. Reporting to the Head of Technical
Development, you will lead and manage the team responsible for the design,
development and maintenance of the company¹s business management systems
that drive NET-A-PORTER.COM, theOutnet.com, and future sales channels.
* Provide pragmatic technical leadership to the Development Team be a "can
do" catalyst for optimum business development; inspire, engage and
motivate them to "Be the best".
* Line-manage developers proactively to develop the performance of both the
team and individuals.
* Work closely with other Development, Technical Architecture, Technical
Operations, and Management Information Systems teams to define the optimum
technical approach, standards, development guidelines and direction of the
* Determine and clearly communicate the objectives of the team.
* Technical owner of the business management systems. Works with the
Product Owner to plan technical enhancements and provides input into the
product roadmap for the systems.
* Provide input into the Technical Development Team¹s methodology, processes
and supporting policies, ensuring that the correct priorities are
established and that stakeholders are kept informed.
* Develop and adapt plans for resourcing projects and product backlogs with
the Technical Development management team, ensuring the right skill-sets
and personalities are distributed to an optimum effect.
* Find and recruit new talent as agreed with the Head of Technical
* Liaise with the wider NET-A-PORTER business to provide relevant
information that helps them make the best decisions.
* Liaise with the Perl development community to uphold the reputation of
NET-A-PORTER as a leader in the industry.
Essential Skills & Experience:
* Proven experience developing in a fast-paced enterprise environment
o Working with the business from the concept stage through to delivery.
o Produce technical specifications and cost estimations.
o Appraisal, selection and integration of third-party frameworks,
libraries & services.
o Enterprise development of database-driven web applications in Perl.
o Release management & deployment.
o Profiling and optimising applications.
* Effective line management of developers, reviewing performance and
managing professional development.
* Experience defining and evolving development processes to improve
efficiency and quality.
* Experience with Agile Development methodologies.
* Full SDLC experience, with an understanding of the strengths &
weaknesses of different development methodologies.
* Able to discuss technical solutions, options & issues with a non-
* Experience in B2C e-commerce
* Experience in Warehouse Management Systems
* Experience building Business Workflow Systems
* Experience with as many of the following (or equivalent technologies)
o Postgres & MySQL
o Apache / Catalyst / FastCGI / mod_perl
o DBIx::Class ORM-DBMS framework
o Web Services & Messaging frameworks (ActiveMQ)
o Linux / Unix & shell scripting
o Caching strategies & tools
o Exposure to Data Warehousing & Reporting
We are looking for candidates with the following:
* Articulate with good writing skills
* Healthy dose of common sense and initiative.
* Great sense of humour and attitude
This role is based in our Head Office in W2.
Please send us an updated resume and a cover letter explaining why you feel
you are suited to NET-A-PORTER and this role. These should be emailed to
jobs at net-a-porter.com <mailto:jobs at net-a-porter.com>
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
NET-A-PORTER is an established global Internet retailer of cutting edge
luxury fashion labels, relied upon for its exceptional quality of service
and eye for the next big thing. With an expanding domestic and global
market, and revenues increasing month on month, we are now adding new
revenue streams to the Group. This presents a fantastic opportunity to
capitalise on our infrastructure and leverage against our expertise in
launching a new global brand.
"Net-a-porter has revolutionised the way we buy designer clothes." Vogue UK
This role is instrumental in driving the future development of the business¹
management systems. This is a great opportunity to work with leading edge
technologies in a world-leading eCommerce company, and participate in the
definition of new functionality & processes whilst ensuring that the
changing requirements of NET-A- PORTER.COM and theOutnet.com are delivered.
Backend Development Team Manager @ NET-A-PORTER
Irresistible fashion at your fingertips
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Net a Porter Ltd.
Net A Porter Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales Number: 3820604 Registered Office: 1 The Village Offices, Westfield, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF
More information about the Jobs