[Jobs] NET-A-PORTER/MRPORTER.COM are recruiting!
James.Hudson at net-a-porter.com
Tue Feb 22 18:01:12 GMT 2011
Ahead of the technical meeting that we're hosting on the 10th of March I wanted to let you know that we're recruiting across the board - I've pasted an example spec below. Please feel free to email or call with questions ahead of time otherwise my team and I will be present on the evening should any of you want to talk in more depth...
Perl Application Support Developer
What we have to offer is unique; you will be joining a truly Agile team embedded within the business; this is an opportunity to establish a close relationship with our product owners and users and make a real difference in a fast-paced pure-play retail environment.
Our leading edge infrastructure allows us to deliver value to our business every iteration, which means you will immediately be able to contribute and make an positive impact to our business.
Our success means we are looking for the best software developers to take our platform and product forward. In return you will be exposed to the latest technologies, frameworks & methodologies in application development.
NET-A-PORTER.COM launched in June 2000 and has since successfully established itself as the world's premier luxury online fashion retailer. With its acclaimed editorial format, express worldwide shipping to 170 countries, luxurious packaging and easy returns, NET-A-PORTER offers an unparalleled shopping experience. NET-A-PORTER.COM is the flagship brand from the NET-A-PORTER group which comprises theOutnet.com, the most fashionable fashion outlet, and MRPORTER.COM, the global men's style destination.
"Net-a-porter has revolutionized the way we buy designer clothes." Vogue UK
We are looking for Perl developers to join our Application Support team, helping to resolve live issues on our back office systems. Reporting to the Application Support Manager, successful candidates will be passionate about software, keen to learn, and user-focused.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Able to investigate & trouble-shoot technical issues
* Able to rapidly and effectively context-switch
* Operating Systems: Linux & Windows
* Server-side development in Perl
* Version control systems
Desirable Skills & Experience:
Experience of any of the following will be useful but training will be provided to the right candidate.
* Able to build high-quality web applications
* Able to develop web-based web-based user interfaces (HTML, CSS) & APIs (JSON & XML)
* Knowledge of CPAN modules and frameworks, particularly:
o DBI, DBIx::Class, Catalyst, Template Toolkit and Moose
* Experience building and testing high-availability applications
* Understanding of:
o Perl & Linux conventions
o Perl testing frameworks
o SQL (ideally Postgres / MySQL)
o Version Control Systems (SVN, SVK, P4, VSS, Git etc)
o Apache/FCGI & mod_perl
* Exposure to:
o Agile development methodologies
o Message queues (ideally ActiveMQ)
* Some knowledge of Java would be useful
* Provides technical support of the NET-A-PORTER Group's internally-written applications
* Works with the Application Support Lead to prioritise reported incidents
* Triages auto-generated errors from live applications
* Investigates prioritised incidents & problems, proposes and implements solutions, including short-term fixing of the symptoms of a problem as well as fixing the underlying bug.
* Communicates, where relevant, with the incident reporter, to obtain context and better understanding of the business processes.
* Updates bug tracking software so that progress is visible to others.
* Identifies when a bug needs to be handed to the team which technically owns that system and provides context on bugs so that they can be prioritised within that team's backlog
* Documents any problems likely to recur, thus contributing to a knowledgebase for the Application Support Team
* Actively seeks to transfer knowledge to other teams and business users.
This role is based in our Head Office in W12.
Please send us an updated CV and a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suited to this role. These should be emailed to jobs at net-a-porter.com
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
1 The Village Offices
Westfield London Shopping Centre
(T) +44 0203 471 4589
(M) +44 7884 250 784
Irresistible fashion at your fingertips
The information in this email is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the information. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Net a Porter Ltd.
Net A Porter Ltd is a company registered in England & Wales Number: 3820604 Registered Office: 1 The Village Offices, Westfield, Ariel Way, London, W12 7GF
More information about the Jobs