[Jobs] Contract Perl Developers
peter.finnan at opsera.com
Wed Sep 21 12:28:08 BST 2011
Opsera are currently seeking Contract Perl Developers....
Job Type: Contract, based in our offices in Reading
Hours: 40 hours per week over 5 days (Monday - Friday)
Fee: Negotiable, Subject to experience
Opsera helps companies take advantage of high quality Open Source software to achieve their business vision. We are Open Source experts, providing products and services to deliver an overall solution at lower cost than proprietary approaches. Our flagship product is Opsview, the award-winning open source system monitoring and management application software.
Opsview is used by our clients to manage their complex IT environments across multiple locations, delivering high availability, improved service levels and better management information. Opsview is sold both directly by Opsera and through our growing list of approved resellers worldwide. We have many blue chip clients, such as Allianz, Ericsson, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Irish Revenue, NHS, Trinity Mirror, Yale University and many more. We have ambitious growth plans and need highly motivated individuals to help improve our product.
We are seeking a contract Perl Developer who is capable of delivering new features in our Opsview product suite. This new role provides a real opportunity at the start of an exciting period of growth where your dynamism and vision could have a direct influence on the success of our Opsview business.
You will be responsible for developing the product and assisting clients with requests for specific feature development whilst providing expert technical guidance and dealing with technical issues and queries. You will report to the Product Architect.
Training will be provided in Opsview and other open source tools, but prior knowledge of these or similar products would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Developing software for our Opsview product suite
* Reviewing and contributing to functional specifications and detailed technical designs
* Developing and unit testing to these detailed designs
* Testing and QA
* Validating development estimates and timescales, and taking responsibility for meeting the resulting deadlines
* Working as directed with Open Source projects and contributing as required
* Maintaining current technical documentation at the code and design levels
* Working with service developers and operational staff to package, deploy and maintain a reliable support service based on the developed software
* Maintaining the software on an ongoing basis
* Minimum of 2 years experience in Perl
* Minimum of 2 years experience in either Perl Catalyst web framework or DBIx::Class
* Computer Science, Mathematics or similar degree
* Experience in other browser based technologies such as HTML, CSS, AJAX, REST, JSON
* Prior experience of working for a small, high-growth company
* Experience in version control systems, such as Subversion or Git
* Experience in Nagios
* Experience with SQL for MySQL or Oracle
* Experience in writing test scripts
* Experience in testing with Selenium
* Experience in C programming
* Contributions to open source projects, especially CPAN modules
You must be a high energy self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and comfortable working within a framework of objectives without the need for day to day guidance and direction.
A genuine desire to help create and participate in developing our company, culture and future success will be a pre-requisite
Please upload your CV HERE<http://www.ikrut.com/microsite/pages/Opsera%20Limited/default.html>
HR / Recruitment Manager
[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC7858.3819C590]
Opsera Limited | Unit 69 Suttons Business Park
Reading | Berkshire | RG6 1AZ | UK
Phone: +44 (0) 845 057 7887
Skype: peterfinnan Email: peter.finnan at opsera.com<mailto:peter.finnan at opsera.com>
Connect to me at : http://www.linkedin.com/in/peterfinnan
This e-mail is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please notify the sender at the phone number above, do not copy this message, do not disclose its contents to anyone, and delete this e-mail message from your computer. Although Opsera routinely screens for viruses, addressees should scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. Opsera makes no representation or warranty as to the absence of viruses in this e-mail or any attachments. Opsera Limited is registered in the UK under Company Number 5396532. Our registered office is Gorse View, Horsell Rise, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4RB
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1621 bytes
Url : http://london.pm.org/pipermail/jobs/attachments/20110921/e6f25632/image001-0001.jpg
More information about the Jobs