[Jobs] Perl CTO role
pete at clueball.com
Fri May 2 17:51:33 BST 2014
This is my current role, and applicants will be replacing me in it...
Broadbean develops revolutionary Software as a Service for the recruitment
industry targeting both in house and recruitment agency recruiters.
Recently acquired by CareerBuilder we are a small but dynamic company which
employees 130 people in London, California and Sydney. Our technology is
used by recruiters to distribute around 2 million job adverts each month to
job boards, social media sites and other emerging advertising channels. In
response to which the software handles c. 10 million incoming applications
to those adverts; in the UK, this equates to c. 60% of all job adverts to
posted to recruitment sites, and we have a strong and growing international
presence. In addition we offer a range of other SaaS products which make
the lives of our customers easier.
We're now looking for an ambitious CTO for EMEA with great ideas and the
courage to deliver them…that’s where you fit in. With a drive to
revolutionise our technology innovation you’ll be building great new
products, improving our existing product set, looking after and evolving
our infrastructure, and working with our clients and partners to make sure
we stay at the top of the market.
*Essential Skills and Experience*
- The EMEA technology team is 45 people strong and growing, so you'll need
experience of running successful development teams, experience with
recruiting, leading, and inspiring great developers, and a deep
understanding of SCRUM;
- Our products are built in Perl; while you're unlikely to be writing
code, you should be able to engage with the developers on architectural
decisions, and understand either the Perl ecosystem, or a closely related
open-source technology stack;
- You'll spend a lot of time talking to our customers and our partners, so
you'll need excellent communication skills, and be comfortable being
customer facing; and
- As a SaaS company dealing with recruitment data, you'll be responsible
for the security and availability of a great deal of personal data. We'll
expect you to have experience building and maintaining secure systems, and
of the regulatory and operational issues that come out of that.
*Helpful Skills and Experience*
- Negotiation with 3rd party suppliers;
- Knowledge of the recruitment software market;
- Stakeholder management; and
- Experience with Amazon Webservices.
*The boring bits...*
- You'll be based in Canary Wharf
- You'll report to the UK Managing Director
- Salary dependent on experience
- Only candidates legally able to work in the UK will be considered
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Jobs