[ANNOUNCE] [REMINDER] Social tonight - The White Hart, Drury Lane
simon at thegestalt.org
Thu May 4 08:49:43 BST 2006
A small updatelet to remind you, my mongering minions that tongiht is
our GLORIOUS SOCIAL!
All the details nestle, as usual, in our archives
but suffice to say tonight, about 6:30, White Hart, Drury Lane, Be there
or Be Square.
As always, if it's your first time [*] then you can claim a free drink
off me. I shall be sitting quietly, supping a half of mild and doing
Sudoku in the corner. You'll recognise me because I'm wearing a tshirt
which depicts a Panda fighting with tanks and helicopters.
I like my clothes understated.
Some random facts about the Giant Panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca)
* its Latin name means "black-and-white cat-foot"
* the Panda is actually the fastest land mammal in the world but has
been off for the last couple of seasons with a torn cruciate
* A Panda bear once held a drinking competition with Greg, Gellyfish
and Evil Dave. The result was the 80s.
* If you look into a Panda's eyes you can see a vision of the bear
dancing the Macarena on your soul. First time viewers may be quite
petrubed by this.
* I can't believe I jsyt managed my 'dancing' in-joke by combining the
words 'Panda', 'Macarena' and 'Soul'
More information about the london.pm-announce