[ANNOUNCE] London.pm December Meeting

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Mon Dec 3 14:28:26 GMT 2007

(Cross-posted, please be careful)

London.pm - December '07 Meeting (6th).

This month at the request of our two brummie friends, JJ and Barbie,
we will be meeting at the Prince Arthur (near Euston) - making this
their 3rd London.pm meeting-of-sorts in 7 days - not too shabby for
out of towners.

It's a pretty good pub IIRC with Thai food, table service and some
good beers (Spitfire, Landlord and Pride). However for a better review
and the location see ...

  http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Prince_Arthur,_NW1_1BX

It's quite a small pub and although we've reserved a couple of tables
please do arrive early to help us claim more (although December meetings
tend to be small intimate affairs anyway).

We will be toasting our out-going leader who is heading for the land
of startups, tofu and cosmo's. So if you'd like to thank him for his hard
work please make sure his pint glass is full all evening and his wallet
remains in his pocket.

Another person to thank is Kake the pub minion who has already started
work on finding and reserving January's pub, feel free to get her a
cidah at some stage over the next year and/or add any comments you have
about the pub's we'll be going to, to the RGL (thats the link above, as
well as being our pub minion Kake helps run the above site).

Std blurb ...

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
non Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome. The monthly meets tend to
be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times
and we make sure that they're in easy to get to locations and the pub
serves food (meaning that people can eat in the bar if they want to.)
They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever people get there after
work) and a group tends to be left come closing time.

If you're a new comer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek me out - we have a
tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a
drink (alcoholic or not, either's fine) and introduce them to people.

Greg