[ANNOUNCE] LPW: Call for Volunteers: Technical Equipment

Mark Keating mdk at shadowcatsystems.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 16:29:08 GMT 2008

Hello All,
With only two weeks to go I once again come profferring my begging cap
to all and sundry regarding technical equipment/expertise for the 2008 LPW.

It would be really great if we could video the three lecture rooms (be
even better if we could rustle up people/equipment to live stream it -
but that's a possibility for maybe other years), and to that case we
will need video cameras - possibly microphones -radio mics especially-
(or cameras that can connect into the university systems) -
technical/photographically minded individuals (and if one of you works
for a company that has a lot of this stuff and has a perchant for a
kindly loan of equipment and even expertise that'd be perfect - surely
somebody works at the BBC - can we not get J. Ross' people, they must be
bored as he's on suspension).

Anyway, enough of the pipe dream, we need equipment and people to help
video the event so that we can share it with the wider community. Think
not what your wrokshop can do for you, (you know the rest)...

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Mark

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons)              |  Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director                   |  Shadowcat Systems Limited