[ANNOUNCE] London.pm social, Knights Templar WC2, Thu 5 Mar 2009

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Wed Feb 25 14:58:44 GMT 2009

Hello! The March social of the London Perl Mongers is next Thursday,
5th March 2009.  We're going to the Knights Templar, a Wetherspoons on
Chancery Lane.  We have space upstairs booked from 6:30pm.

The nearest Tube station is Chancery Lane (Central line), but Holborn
(Central and Piccadilly lines) and Temple (Circle and District lines)
are also nearby.  Relevant buses include the 4, 8, 11, 15, 23, 25, 26,
76, 172, 242, and 341.

Maps, more info, etc:

 http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Knights_Templar,_WC2A_1DT

Please note that there is no upstairs bar; people doing the kitty run
will have to go downstairs for drinks.

Standard blurb:

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
non-Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome.  The monthly meets
tend to be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place at
other times, and we make sure that they're in easy to get to locations
and the pub serves food (meaning that people can eat in the bar if
they want to). They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever people
get there after work) and a group tends to be left come closing time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek Leon out - we have a
tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a
drink (orange or not, either's fine) and introduces them to people.