[ANNOUNCE] London.pm October social 2009-10-08, Gunmakers, Clerkenwell EC1R 5ET

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 16:42:15 BST 2009

That pesky Bearded bloke Mr. Cantrell is suggesting some sort of
Orthodoxy about beer on the first of the month.

As the great prophet St. Greg of Penge[0] laid down, the official date
for a social next month must be the 8th and any incidental beering[1]
is surely heresy![2]

For the official social, we're going back to the gunmakers, since the
landlord is nice to us[3] and it's a great pub. More info: http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Gunmakers,_EC1R_5ET

This will be a special event since I've spoken to the PHPLondon people
and an arbitrary number of them will be in attendance as well. This
will be our first joint social, if it goes well there may be others.

Regretfully, this will be my last action[4] as pub minion. Long live
the new pub minion[5], for he appreciates fine ale and has good taste
in scotch.

See you there!

--James

[0] Praise be to St. Greg, for his grace keeps the Bombay Sapphire
company alive.
[1] At an admittedly rather nice pub that also does lovely cidah!
[2] But still a fantastic excuse for a piss-up.
[3] Well you would be if we ate your pub out of meat and drank all
your beer!
[4] Well, nearly. I'm booking the pub for the LPW in december.
[5] Ilmari