[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Mongers Social Meeting Thursday 6th May at the Gunmakers

Léon Brocard acme at astray.com
Fri Apr 30 16:45:17 BST 2010

London Perl Mongers organises social meetings every month. The
technical meetings are a chance to chat informally with the Perl
community.

We're going back to the Gunmakers this Thursday (6th May), where the
lovely landlord Jeff always welcomes us with open arms, foamy beers,
non-foamy ciders and tasty meats!

There is also a general election on that day. You may wish to vote.

The Gunmakers
13 Eyre Street Hill
EC1R 5ET
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=ec1r+5et&ll=51.52251,-0.110528&spn=0.01032,0.021071
http://thegunmakers.co.uk/
http://twitter.com/thegunmakers
http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Gunmakers,_EC1R_5ET

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
non-Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome. The monthly meets tend
to be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other
times, and we make sure that they're in easy to get to locations and the
pub serves food (meaning that people can eat in the bar if they want
to). They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever people get there
after work) and a group tends to be left come closing time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek Léon (the guy in orange
with a stuffed camel) out - we have a tradition that the leader of this
motley crew buys the new people a drink and introduces them to people.

See you there! Léon