[ANNOUNCE] LPW2010: Newsletter #5: Talk Submissions and a Caution

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 15:14:51 GMT 2010

In this Newsletter:

1. Talk Submissions
2. A Caution

1. Talk Submissions
This is to remind you all that the deadline for Talk Submissions is
rapidly approaching (12th November) so if you want to submit a talk,
including a lightning talk then you had best to get your skates on and
submit right now.

2. A Caution
It was brought to my attention that one (and possibly more but this
could all be fruitless hearsay) person last year didn't attend the
conference just the social afterwards, perhaps hoping to capitalise on
the free beer and food. Personally I cannot believe this would happen,
but to prevent tittle-tattle and to exercise my rights as
extreme-overlord-of-organising I shall declare that this year a drink or
food shall only be given to those persons with a conference badge. This
will satisfy two main aims:

a. It will get you all to register.
b. It will cause SlayerXP more overhead as he will have to do the
checking of the badges.
c. We'll be able to recognise others, and ourselves, by the name tags on
our necks.
d. It may stop the tittle-tattle.
e. We'll look like a bunch of tourists.
f.  I just like thinking up lists of things.
g. The lanyards can be used to lasso a kebab at three in the morning.
h. There is no h.

(Please pick your own two main aims)

----------------------------

The conference will be held on Saturday 4th December at the University
of Westminster's New Cavendish Campus. Please visit the website below
for more information and don't forget to log in/register for the
conference:

Conference Website: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/
Location: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/location.html
Registration Log in: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/main
New User Log in: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/register

This year's theme is Perl Flavours. Unlike previous years the keynote
will be decided from the most appropriate 40 minute talk that best fits
this theme. The proposal deadline is 12th November and speakers will be
informed on the 15th November. See:

Submissions: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/newtalk

For all information, queries, please contact m.keating(at)shadowcat.co.uk.

-Mark (mdk) - extreme-overlord-of-organising

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons)          |  Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director               |  Shadowcat Systems Limited