[ANNOUNCE] London Perl M[ou]ngers December Social, 2010-12-02, The Bridge House, Tower Bridge

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Tue Nov 23 17:36:24 GMT 2010

Hi all,

For the last social of the year, Thursday 2 December, we are venturing
south of the river (but only barely), to our old favourite, The Bridge
House, where they serve tasty Adnams ales, refreshing Aspall cider and
good food.

The Bridge House
218 Tower Bridge Road
London SE1 2UP

http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Bridge_House%2C_SE1_2UP

Getting there:

The closest tube stations are Tower Hill on the Circle and District
lines and London Bridge on the Jubilee and Northern lines and National
Rail.

Buses stopping nearby include 42, 47, 78, 188, 343, 381, C10 and RV1.

Standard blurb:

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
(mostly) non-Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome. The monthly
meets tend to be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place
at other times, and we make sure that they're in easy to get to
locations and the pub serves food (meaning that people can eat in the
bar if they want to). They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever
people get there after work) and a group tends to be left come closing
time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek Leo out - we have a
tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a drink
and introduces them to people.

Look forward to seeing you there.

--
ilmari
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,