[ANNOUNCE] Reminder: london.pm social tomorrow, 2012-11-01

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Oct 31 11:46:57 GMT 2012

November is one of those special months when the London Perl Mongers
have *two* socials.  The first of these is tomorrow, the 1st of
November.  As is customary for socials on the 1st of the month, it
will be south of the river.  This time we're going to Brighton, which
is in Travelcard zone 10.

We'll be meeting at the Lord Nelson for lunch from around 12:30.  There
are a bazillion trains every hour from both Victoria and London Bridge,
most stopping at East Croydon; I'll probably be on the one leaving
Croydon at 11:41.
  http://www.thelordnelsoninn.co.uk/asp/index.asp

We'll then visit a few other pubs before ending up at the Evening Star:
  http://www.darkstarpubs.co.uk/eveningstar/

from 6 or 7-ish.  The Evening Star is within spitting distance of the
railway station, and the last train back leaves just after 23:30, so
there's plenty of time to sample the Dark Star brewery's many fine
beverages.

If you're planning on meeting us half way, then please phone me
(+44 7979 866975) when you get to Brighton to find out where we are.

--
David Cantrell | Minister for Arbitrary Justice

In this episode, R2 and Luke weld the doors shut on their X-Wing,
and Chewbacca discovers that his Ewok girlfriend is really just a
Womble with its nose chopped off.