[ANNOUNCE] Perl QA Hackathon

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Jan 31 12:38:42 GMT 2013

It is my pleasure to announce that the Perl Quality Assurance website is
now live and accessible and we are hoping a number of UK based Perl
programmers would be willing to attend. The QA Hackathon will take place
over three days between 12-14th April 2012 in the North West of England,
yes there is a lot of England beyond the northern border to the M25.

The closest airport is Manchester, though there are also airports that
are nearby at Blackpool, Liverpool, Leeds/Bradford, Newcastle, Glasgow
and Edinburgh. If you are coming via train, it is 2hrs 20mins from
Euston to the city the venue will take place in.

If you are planning to attend this years event then you will need to
visit the wiki and fill in details on the Attendees page along with the
Expenses, Catering and Travel pages.

This year we are asking potential attendees to make a positive plan of
what they hope to work on or achieve while at the event so that we can
not only build a better Perl but promote the event appropriately and
gain sufficient sponsorship to make it the best possible hackathon.

If you would like to sponsor the event, or know of someone who would
sponsor then please contact Mark or Ian at your earliest convenience. We
will also be allowing people to make smaller donations or complete
sponsorship through the EPO website using our internal donation system.
We welcome any contribution towards making this event happen.

I cannot stress the importance of sponsorship and donation enough and if
you can encourage an employer to sponsor, or find it in your
hearts/pockets to donate yourself then we would be extraordinarily grateful.

Links for you to use:

[perlqa]: http://2013.qa-hackathon.org/qa2013/
[wiki]: http://2013.qa-hackathon.org/qa2013/wiki
[attend]: http://2013.qa-hackathon.org/qa2013/wiki?node=Attendees
[expense]: http://2013.qa-hackathon.org/qa2013/wiki?node=Expenses
[cater]: http://2013.qa-hackathon.org/qa2013/wiki?node=Catering
[travel]: http://2013.qa-hackathon.org/qa2013/wiki?node=Travel
[donate]: https://members.enlightenedperl.org/drupal/donate-perlqa?id=6

Thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing some of you in April.

Regards

-mdk

--
Mark Keating, Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder.
Managing Director: http://www.shadow.cat