[ANNOUNCE] London Perl M[ou]ngers September Social - 2013-09-05 - Kings Arms, SE1 1YT

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Sep 2 18:45:18 BST 2013

Hi,

This month, we're going South Of The River to yet another new venue, the Kings
Arms. It is a quiet traditional pub hidden away in a side alleyway just off
Borough High Street, just moments from the rammed pubs around Borough Market.
It is about equidistant between London Bridge and Borough stations.

Myself and another Perlmonger had several remarkably good pints of Harveys
Sussex Best in there last Thursday evening. It is one of their permanent ales,
and no doubt something many of us will attempt to drink dry this coming
Thursday.

Note that despite the standard blurb below, this pub does not serve food in the
evening beyond the usual bar snacks. If arriving early, you could pick up
something from Borough Market. Alternatively there are a few eateries in the
area you could go to before or after the social.

(The) Kings Arms
65 Newcomen Street
SE1 1YT

http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?King%27s_Arms,_SE1_1YT
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/22/2291/Kings_Arms/Borough

Standard blurb:

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet up face
to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and (mostly) non-Perl
- and newcomers are more than welcome. The monthly meets tend to be bigger than
the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times, and we make sure that
they're in easy to get to locations and the pub serves food (meaning that
people can eat in the bar if they want to). They normally start around 6.30pm
(or whenever people get there after work) and a group tends to be left come
closing time.

If you're a newcomer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking on the
mailing list or on IRC) then please seek our Glorious Leader Tom out - we have
a tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a drink and
introduces them to people.