[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Workshop: Call for Papers Deadline

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 18:54:24 BST 2013

  Dear All,

*TALK DEADLINE*
This is your countdown notice that lets you all know that the deadline
for submitting a talk to the London Perl Workshop is rapidly
approaching. This year the date of Friday the 25th October has been chosen.

The theme for the London Perl Workshop will be Decadon: A Decade of the
London Perl Workshop. It will focus on the past ten years of the London
Perl Mongueurs and the London Perl Workshop, and will focus on the
manner in which Perl is used in the commercial world and the strength of
Perl for development in an enterprise environment; we would also like to
see talks on the usage of Perl in the past 25 years and the evolution of
the environment. You can use any aspect of Perl such as Camelia, Rakudo,
Raptor, etc. Speakers are invited to talk on any subject that relates to
this theme, though we will also accept talks on other subjects.

This year we hope to have access to three Workshop rooms and would like
to run as many workshops as possible to introduce new users to the world
of Perl and to refresh the skills of those wishing to engage with the
latest developments in the Perl world. If you wish to submit a workshop
please use the same submission form as the talks, please note that
workshops will be 60, 120 or 240 minutes in length.

*REGISTRATION*
Once again I would like to inform you all that early registration is
incredibly beneficial to the event. It allows us to judge numbers for
the sponsored coffee, snacks and evening social event. Please sign up
early and please help us spread the word.

This year there is a second level to registration. We have tickets. All
attendees need to state what ticket level they would like to have, this
includes speakers. There is no barrier to entry and you should feel free
to take the £0 ticket if you wish to do so. However, we also have 3
ticket levels above this (£25, £50 and £100) these voluntary ticket
amounts wil contribute directly towards the hosting of this event and if
we reach certain targets other special things in the coming year.

Please make sure you select the ticket you want. We will also be
collecting donations, as per last year, for a number of special Perl
projects on the day.

*SPONSORS*
As always we would like to have as many sponsors as possible, not just
for their valuable contribution to the holding of the event but as
participants at the Workshop.

If you know of anyone who wishes to sponsor the London Perl Workshop
please have them contact Mark as soon as possible.

As always we look forward to seeing you all at the Workshop on the 30th
November. This is the 10th anniversary of the London Perl Workshop and
we should mark this year with a special event.

Regards

Mark Keating
(Overlord in Residence, LPW Organising team)