[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Hack Day, Saturday 20th September 2014

Tom Hukins tom at eborcom.com
Fri Jul 25 17:22:49 BST 2014

On Saturday 20th September, 2014, London Perl Mongers will host our
first hack day.  We invite anyone who would like to work on anything
Perl-related to attend.  Everyone from complete Perl beginners to
experts is welcome.

This event will take place at the London Hack Space between 12pm and
5pm.  See https://london.hackspace.org.uk/ for more information about
the Hack Space.

If you want to attend, you will need to sign up at
http://www.meetup.com/London-Perl-Mongers/events/194285872/.  If you
find you can't attend, please cancel so that someone else can take your
place.

So, what will we do?  Well, everyone's free to hack on anything
Perl-related that they fancy.  If you have an idea, please share it on
the Meetup page or on the London.pm mailing list at
http://london.pm.org/join/.  You'll be free to work on your own or
collaborate with others to whatever extent you choose.  You might want
to ask other attendees for help with your work, or offer help to others:
probably both.

Make sure you bring a laptop that you can write code on, or one that you
would like us to help you install Perl on, an enthusiastic, open mind
and a cheerful demeanour.

Please spread the word to anyone who you think might want to attend.
See you for fun Perl hacking in September!

Tom