[SPOILER] Answers - was Re: REMINDER Pub Quiz tonight

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Tue Nov 15 09:59:00 GMT 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 09:45:03AM -0000, Andy Wedge said:

> Hi
> Could someone be very kind and remove me from the mailing list there is no
> link to do this on the web site.

Before the screaming monkeys jump in (I have a private list of people
who I suspect will reply to the parent post, let's see if I'm right
shall we), and for future reference, there is actually. It's just hidden
behind the link 'join us'. Usability is not the strong point of Perl
Mongers.

Also, as per RFC <mumble> every single mail contains instructions on how
to unsubscribe.

        <mailto:london.pm-request at london.pm.org?subject=subscribe>

Of course these are hidden in the headers which is non-obvious.

At some poitn, if anybody cares, someone should sit down with a big
sheet of white paper, a cup of coffee and a copy of "Don't make me
think" by Steve Krug and stop the usability of the website sucking. In
90% of occasions if someone can't do something that is actually possible
then it's the fault of the interface not the user.

In the mean time, I've unsubbed you so hopefully this should be the last
post you get.

Simon