Fixing the website

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Tue Nov 15 12:37:02 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Jonathan Peterson wrote:

> mutter.. mumble.. off the shelf website in a box portal thingy mumble..
> cough.. plone, mambo, phpSimpleHeirarchicalWebsiteULike.com mutter...

Bricolage (www.bricolage.cc) is perl based and very flexible. Trouble is
that with the flexibility comes a fairly steep learning curve and it can
be a bitch to set up. I can fix the last part as I have a running
installation that can be used, with files delivered to london.pm.org via
sftp.

I can also help with setting it up as the site is pretty simple. It
supports pod markup, at least in the new version that I need to install at
some point.

For those that are happy with svn, ssh and make/ttree it's probably
overkill but I throw it out as an option.

Simon.

--
"Robot : Your plastic pal who's fun to be with"