Fixing the website

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 15 13:14:24 GMT 2005

Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 10:12:49AM +0000, Paul Makepeace said:
>
>>One point that I know has stopped a few people is that the website
>>is checked into CVS but due to some legacy binary breakage can't be
>>checked out.  Is this still the case?
>

> As far as I know, yes.
>
> There are three problems with the website
>
> 1) It has awful usability
> 2) It's not in any practical VCS
> 3) The build system is constructed from purest crack.

I am curious - given that ALL pm sites have very similar requirements
why is this not used as an example perl project, with design/dev and
test effort shared by all? Use the best perl modules, clean design
development and test. document the whole shebang.

I would give tuits to/for something like this.

Jacqui