Looking for a nice and friendly company to registry a .com domain...

Robin Berjon robin.berjon at expway.fr
Wed Nov 16 17:25:43 GMT 2005

On Nov 16, 2005, at 18:03, Lusercop wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 02:36:13PM +0100, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> I'm not sure which VAT they apply. If the French one (since it's a
>> French company) it's 19.6%. There may be rules that if bought
>> elsewhere in the EU the local VAT applies, and if bought outside it
>> doesn't apply at all. In France, companies don't normally pay it.
>
> Wouldn't it be advertised as TVA in that situation, then?

I don't think so. In the French version of the site it's "TVA", but I
think that they just translated that by VAT without consideration for
whether it might imply a different tax or not. Either way, we're
talking about a ~€2 here in case they don't apply it, and a maximum
of ~€1 depending on which one they pick if they do. Won't make much
of a diff :)

--
Robin Berjon
    Senior Research Scientist