[OT] London PM Area of expertise

john_oshea@wordbank.com john_oshea at wordbank.com
Thu Nov 17 16:02:31 GMT 2005

On 17 Nov 2005, at 14:50, Dean Wilson wrote:

> I'm looking for a pub[0] that can hold 150/200 people without going
> boom.
> Doing food would be a big bonus. I'm looking for somewhere around TCR,
> Goodge Street, Portland street or Oxford Circus way.

The review here <http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/12/12116/
Mortimer/Fitzrovia> is pretty spot on, but it has the (possibly sole)
merits of being on the large side and doing quite OK food. Most of
the decent pubs I can think of around here probably won't hold that
many people. Especially not if you want it for tonight, which I
suspect you might.

These two are smaller, but may be able to hold a reasonable number:

<http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/70/703/Fitzroy_Tavern/
Fitzrovia> - Sam Smiths pub on the big side, food is nothing to write
home about, has a basement room which they could open up if it's not
already open.

<http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/83/832/Carpenters_Arms/
Tottenham_Court_Road> - Only ever drunk here and I think it'd be
*really* stretching the numbers, esp. as it tends to be full of
TBWA / Arup staff (both of whom have offices next door / opposite).

Hope that helps...

--
John O'Shea
Wordbank Limited