The weather.

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Fri Nov 18 10:03:25 GMT 2005

Ian Malpass wrote:
> Shhhh. If we let on that it's lovely, it'll get filled up with quite the
> wrong sort of people and become all icky.

Nah - most suthern bastids[tm] are wimps. I picked up a friend who had
split from her hubby in MSP at our airport (is it heathrow that
northwest fly from?). Anyway it was a week or so before XMAS and
bitterly cold (some snow) and she walks out of the airport in shorts
and a shortsleeved shirt with her jumper tied to her waist. She thought
is was great to be back in the "warm" uk.

The last time I was in the MSP area, A car with a plastic cup on the
parcel shelf (in the Cray car park) had over the day boiled dry and then
melted into the parcel shelf.

Moral: cold is relative and we brits have no idea what cold or heat is.