Death to Squirrels! (was: something boring about the weather).

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Sat Nov 19 09:23:45 GMT 2005

Dirk Koopman wrote:
> In short: they scheming, vicious little bastards.

I can attest to that, having helped to remove one from a friend's room
when it fell down the chimney and landed in the fireplace.  You really
don't want to try and pick up an angry squirrel even with your towel
wrapped around your hand (although you could try wrapping your towel
around your head in true Hitch-Hikers style, thus preventing you from
seeing just how sharp the scheming, vicious little bastard's claws really
are).

Your best bet, should you ever find yourself in a similar situation, is to
call in the Armed Badger Response Unit.  Some things really are best left
to the professionals.

Incidentally, the squirrel in question only fell down the chimney because
it was organising illegal rave parties in the loft of the aforementioned
friend, keeping him and his housemates awake all night.  When we finally
whacked the little blighter out of the front door with a tennis racket it
was good riddance.  He got what was coming to him.