The weather.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Nov 19 15:51:32 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 15:25 +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> Dirk Koopman wrote:
> > In short: they scheming, vicious little bastards.
>
> Talking from experience?

Oh yes. I was introduced to them in the good old days when I was living
in Surbiton with my ICT1301G in the back garden (it was a large shed
with big 3 phase feed). Next door has (it's still there) a magnificent
walnut tree with a large squirrel population. Come nut time, hard hats
became compulsory. They have surprisingly good aim.

One day Stuart (a flatmate, then trainee druid and all around hugger of
trees) made the mistake of trying to make friends with one them, whilst
we all watched from a safe distance. He enticed it with nuts and all was
well until he had run out. At that point, it swiped his hand and forearm
several times before Stuart could react - taking large enough chunks out
to require stitches. I believe he still bares the marks more than 30
years later (oh and he is a qualified driud now [whatever that means]).

Dirk