Game over. We lost. Nothing to see here, move along.

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 16:43:52 GMT 2005

--- Simon Wilcox <essuu at ourshack.com> wrote:

> The corollary to that being that if you're not familar with
> any of those
> options the choice is too bewildering, you give up and go and
> use Rails instead. Sometimes choice is a bad thing.

I'd still go with the choice.  There are few things which frustrate me
more than seeing someone say "we won't use Bricolage because we prefer
building large systems witih MySQL 3.2".

We actually get variations of that a lot.  If we were able to offer
choice in this area, a lot more folks would stop rejecting it out of
hand simply because it doesn't support their favorite technology (hell,
we even support PHP templating now).

Cheers,
Ovid