Salary ratio for Lisbon, Pt

Ronan Oger ronan at roasp.com
Tue Nov 29 21:51:57 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 29 November 2005 00:17, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
> On 28 Nov 2005, at 22:26, Luis Campos de Carvalho wrote:
> >   Maybe anyone here could please help me find good salary
> > references for a senior-level perl
> > software engineer working in Lisbon, Pt? I just received a
> > proposal, but have no references to
> > figure out if its good or not. Maybe someone here could help me.
>
> in may, around €2000/month (after taxes), but this is in the
> employers that pay better (of which there may be 2 or 3). if you're
> working freelance for one of these companies you'll certainly get
> higher wages. you won't save much, but you'll have a rather nice
> life. if you're willing to tell me the company i'll be able to give
> you a better answer.
>
> cheers,

Along the thread of comparative costs of living,

I came across this OECD comparative cost-of-living (by country) matrix...

Watch out for the difference between averages by country and costs in places
of interest. From my own experience, London is as expensive as Zurich  but
the UK shows up on the graph as 0.79 the cost index of Switzerland. Still, it
may be helpful.

http://www.oecd.org/dataoecd/48/18/18598721.pdf

Ronan

--