Thinking on Talks (parts I & II)

Rev Simon Rumble simon at
Tue Dec 6 15:53:04 GMT 2005

On 6/12/2005, "David Cantrell" <david at> wrote:

>> What's more, you need to station some security types above the abandoned
>> mine so that Nasty People don't get in and fuck shit up.
>I don't think that that is an insurmountable problem.

No it's entirely doable, but it ups the costs a fair whack, what with
you needing really long security contracts to ensure they're protected
for the thousands of years it'll take to become safe.

I think you'll find that the reason people fear having nukes in their
backyard is that they've been consistently lied to about cockups, costs
and procedures for decades.  And the nuke industry isn't exactly[1]
good at keeping track of their nasty shit, nor noticing and reporting[2]
when stuff goes wrong.