Word Documents

Sam Smith S at mSmith.net
Thu Dec 8 00:01:19 GMT 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Steve Mynott wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:49:57PM +0000, Sam Smith typed:
>> Does anyone know if there's a way to tell, from perl (on
>> Unix) whether a word document has track changes turned on?
> Why don't you save a document without track changes and then with
> track changes on and try a binary compare to work out the difference?
> (Although admittedly modern versions of Word documents always seem to
> think they have been changed after opening and you may find several
> binary changes).

I tried that, it didn't help.

I was hoping that it would be something like read byte X and
jump to the offset stored in it. It isn't. Which is no

I'll see if we have an ASP server with word installed that
we can borrow.

You can do anything you set your mind to when you have vision,
determination, and an endless supply of expendable labour.