Perl 6 Summaries (Was Re: Parrot)

Piers Cawley pdcawley at
Thu Dec 8 09:16:00 GMT 2005

Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at> writes:

> On 12/7/05, Nicholas Clark <nick at> wrote:
>> > Will the tpf blog include alison and others use.perl entries on parrot
>> > and perl, or a link to a relevent feed of whats going on. The blog
>> > entries are the only way for me to easily follow the development now
>> > that the list summaries are no longer being published.
> Yes dave - posted that question as a response to the story on the TPF blog.
>> The list summaries are still being written, and mailed to the lists.
>> However, unlike perl5-porters, there isn't a dedicated summary only list.
>> Maybe there should be, in addition to finding them a home online.

There isn't a dedicated summary list, but there is perl6-announce,
which is almost the same thing. About the only other things that get
posted there are announcements of Parrot and Pugs releases.

> Yup a webpage would be nice, preferably linked from the tpf blog and
> the parrot pages.

The summaries are archived at, with a two week delay for
the summaries I write because they're also published on my website at and there's
a link to the RSS feed for those on the front page at I've been in conversation with Bill Odom and
hopefully the summary that I hope to have written today (getting ready
to move house has some killer demands on your time that can be rather
more important than writing a summary...) should be announced on the
TPF blog as well. If memory serves, the planet perl6 feed (no, I can't
remember the url) also includes the summaries, which appear to have
been scraped from perl6-announce.

Piers Cawley <pdcawley at>