O'Reilly discounts

Peter abuse at cabal.org.uk
Sun Dec 18 14:08:42 GMT 2005

David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> The nice people at O'Reilly say ...
>> At long last, we are now able to provide you with an efficient way to
>> purchase books from O'Reilly. As you know all User Group Members get 30%
>> discount on our titles. The easiest way to get this discount, is for you to
>> buy online on www.oreilly.co.uk or www.oreilly.com. Each title has now a UK
>> cart. When you complete the order form, please enter code OR111 which will
>> give automatically 30% discount and shipping will be free for orders over
>> £20.00 net.

I'm buggered if I can work out how to order in GBP. I keep being booted over
to the US site which doesn't appear to acknowledge any currency other than
USD.

> So they're just about cheaper than Amazon now :-)

Amazon's limit for free delivery is lower. An order for a single book with
list price between 21 and 28 quid will attract postage charges if you order it
from ORA but not from Amazon.

I also buy books from publishers other than ORA. They do exist, you know :)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key