Help with DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle...

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Thu Dec 22 19:12:05 GMT 2005

On Fri, 9 Dec 2005, Luis Campos de Carvalho wrote:

> > Boiled down, the answer is: check the web server
> > user's permissions to the oracle libs (one
> > possible problem) and if necessary put your
> > environment declarations in mod-perl's startup.pl.
>
>   Nice deduction, Sherlock!
>   Now I need a way to make the right permission changes so I can access
> the required libraries.
> First try was use /usr/bin/ldd and makes it print the required libraries each dependency from
> Oracle.so needs to work.

Well, I was basing my deduction on what the real Sherlocks had said.  I
may have acquired Dr. Watson status on this.

Apologies for the late response.  I've been fighting a cold and
travelling, and only now am getting back to this topic.

Did you try modifying mod_perl's startup.pl?  What I recall from the
dbi-user discussions is that there were issues with mod_perl (though I
believe it was mod_perl 2 and you are running mod_perl 1, yes?) that
required variables to be set in startup.pl.

-----
John Costello - cos at indeterminate dot net
"You cannot propel yourself forward by patting yourself on the back."--Unknown