Pimm's heated?

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 3 11:45:39 GMT 2006

Merijn Broeren wrote:
> Put in cups and top up generously with cognac/brandy. Mmmmmm.

Not a a drink and not "alky" so this could be OT - OTOH it does
sort of fall into the "pie" bracket :-)

One of my faves are Apple and banana toasties - probably
the only reason to own a "sealed sandwich" toastie machine.

1) butter bread as normal
    (butter side outwards)

2) place one sliced apple across the two lower slices.

3) slice banana longways and then in half.
    place each of the 4 parts into the sandwich
    positions/depressions.

4) cover with top bread and close/toast for ~3 minutes.

The idea is that the banana "sugars", are soaked up by the apple slices,
giving a "not too sweet" sweet.

I usually do 'em during BBQ's with home made shakes in the summer and
serve with (hot) custard in the winter.

Jacqui