Running Perl from PHP via PHP virtual function

Andy Lester andy at
Wed Jan 4 17:40:11 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 05:20:41PM +0000, Stephen Collyer (scollyer at wrote:
> The idea is that I'd have a trivial Perl script that runs the
> access/auth control code (e.g., and I'd funnel all
> requests to via a trivial PHP script that runs
> something like:
> virtual("/some/dir/");
> virtual("/the/real/target/of/the/request");

No, that's fine.  We do that in both directions, with PHP calling Perl
handlers, and Perl handlers calling PHP.  You can even pass data around
in the Apache notes.

Andy Lester => andy at => => AIM:petdance