"DBD::Pg ping test" coming back for unrelated queries from DBI

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Jan 5 15:54:06 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 01:19:51PM +0000, Toby Corkindale wrote:
[snip]
> A (simple) testcase written entirely using DBD::Pg, but duplicating the
> queries being run in the more complex app, *did not* fail, even under
> high-concurrency tests, in both CLI and mod_perl environments.
>
> So I guess the problem probably lies somewhere in the Class::DBI/Ima::DBI
> layer. I'll leave the DBD::Pg list off future posts.

OK, I seem to have narrowed it down into two testcases - one that succeeds,
one that fails.
The difference between the two?
One uses Class::DBI::Loader to initialise the cDBI package, and the other
creates one via manual Class::DBI calls.

The cDBI::Loader version fails quickly; the other runs successfully under a
heavy ab (apache benchmark) test indefinately.

I don't know *why* using the ::Loader causes tests to fail when run
concurrently though. That's still pretty damn weird.

Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world