[OT] xml encoding

Lusercop `the.lusercop' at lusercop.net
Fri Jan 6 16:00:20 GMT 2006

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 03:40:11PM +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> I am trying to coerce libxml2 into storing and printing "binary" data.
> Could someone help my understanding a bit here. Take the following small
> chunk of XML, which part of a much bigger and otherwise well formed XML
> document.
>    <PASSWORD>rs&#16;&#30;&#25;*  &#6;</PASSWORD>
> This, very nearly, represents the data that I require.

Much as I hate to suggest it, any reason you shouldn't be encoding this
in something safer, say Base64? I'm always scared by the idea of quoting
but including random stuff in otherwise well-formed messages.

I mean, obviously this should work, but...

--
Lusercop.net - LARTing Lusers everywhere since 2002