CPAN mirrors broken?

David Cantrell david at
Tue Jan 10 12:23:11 GMT 2006

On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 03:39:03PM -0800, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> David Cantrell <david at> writes:
> > Where are people rsyncing their local CPAN mirrors from these days?  I
> > noticed that mine's not updated for some time, and it seems that I don't
> > get anything new from several of the usual rsync places - but when
> > talking to those same mirrors using ftp or http, like what does,
> > I get plenty of stuff.
> Keep this baby bookmarked:
> <>

Ah, but those are all ftp and http.

I could use Lee McCloughlin's "mirror" script, but rsync is far more

Wizened native guide to take you into mountains - $150
Sledgehammer to break down stone door - $12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones - priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know.
For everything else, there's Mastercard