AxKit et al

Matt Sergeant msergeant at
Tue Jan 10 14:24:09 GMT 2006

On 10 Jan 2006, at 08:20, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> What is the current status AxKit? Is it still being actively developed?
> Also: is it possible (read "not too head banging") to make it (or take
> out the guts for) running AxKit standalone (ie so as not to have to run
> it with Apache).

It's not really in *active* development. There is maintenance that
occurs (there was a recent release, though it doesn't show up properly
on CPAN because I b0rked the packaging), and we're very very slowly
trying to get it working under Apache 2.0 (the difficulty there is that
AxKit uses a lot of config directives, so that all has to be ported to
the new style way of doing that). Basically my real life got in the
way, and I no longer do web stuff. But I still use the current AxKit
for pet projects - it still works.

It's not really possible to run it stand alone - it comes back to all
the config directives. For that you'd be better off with something like
CGI::XMLApplication (I think - again it's not something I'm very up on
any more).

For more information please visit