Catalyst in 20 Minutes

David Hodgkinson davehodg at
Mon Jan 16 12:13:27 GMT 2006

On 13 Jan 2006, at 22:16, Pete Sergeant wrote:

> If anyone's looking to get a quick grounding in Catalyst, I've
> written a
> 20 minute tutorial, designed to 'teach you enough Catalyst to be
> dangerous ... [where dangerous] means "able to make use of the core
> documentation."'
> I would love any feedback from anyone who actually follows the
> tutorial
> through, or who knows Catalyst well and can point out any mistakes I
> make.

I've just started working through it and I have to say it has the
foundations of being a Catalyst O'Reilly. I can see how it will solve,
in the right ways, the things I have to do day to day. When I've
the tutorial, I'll start trying to do some of my stuff (usually CMS,
user registration, maybe a shopping cart) and see how well it fits.