[OT] Useable BIOS RAID 1 on the cheap?

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 18 14:08:10 GMT 2006

> Andy Wardley wrote:
>
>> Even nastier - over heated wheel bearings after very long
>> skateboarding runs
>> have been known to "seize".

By seize I meant have the plastic bearing liner melt. Once fully cooled
it touches bits it was never intended to and locks the spindle.

I though skate trucks used BB or pin bearings? Crack a BB and the truck
will lockup - very painful.

Somehow I doubt a board gets up to the temp need to melt bearings -
unless you have been dousing it in petrol and doing runs down the
side of a mountain :-)

Ah-HA! You are that member of team squirrel that hides behind the
camera AICM5UKP :-)

Jacqui