London.pm web site

Nik Clayton nik at ngo.org.uk
Sat Jan 21 12:52:02 GMT 2006

Simon Wilcox wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Nik Clayton wrote:
>
>>     http://jc.ngo.org.uk/svnweb/
>>
>> out of the box?  Don't panic, it can be orangified.
>
> What apache config did you use to hide the index.cgi on that site ?

mod_perl.  It looks like this:

     Alias /svnweb /path/to/directory/you/ran/svnweb-install
     <Directory /path/to/directory/you/ran/svnweb-install>
       AllowOverride None
       Options None
       SetHandler perl-script
       PerlHandler SVN::Web
     </Directory>

     <Directory /path/to/directory/you/ran/svnweb-install/css>
       SetHandler default-handler
     </Directory>

For that to work you'll need the code that's shortly going to become 0.43.
Get that with:

   svn checkout svn://jc.ngo.org.uk/nik/CPAN/SVN-Web/trunk

> It looks lovely once installed but it definitely needs a new CPAN release.
> The yaml typo was trivial

Fixed in trunk/, with a test so it can't recur.

> but chasing down the Exception::Class prerequisite was a right pain !

Ditto.

:-)

Also coming down the pipe shortly is SVN::Web::Search, which will let you
search over your commit messages from the web interface.  If I get the right
number of tuits, 0.43 should be out on Tuesday or Wednesday.