[ANNOUNCE] Reminder: Croyden.pm

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Jan 23 18:07:59 GMT 2006

Roger Burton West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
[...]
> Why not drink something local? Beer was never intended to travel.

Because I don't particularly like the Midlands or Southern bitters
very much. There are exceptions, of course, but I find it gets a bit
*too* bitter and nasty the further south you go. The dividing line
appears to be around Sheffield.

Obviously, everywhere has some good and bad beers. Some of the nicer
bottle-conditions beers come from the South. Yorkshire seems to do
better draught on average. And many Midlands breweries need to be
razed to the ground and salt ploughed into the earth.

You've never experienced true pain until you've had a pint of Tetleys,
and then tried to take the taste away with some Brew XI.

--
Her virtue was that she said what she thought, her vice that what she thought
didn't amount to much.