Zimbra // Re: web based calendar

Damon Davison damon.davison at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 18:21:02 GMT 2006

On 26 Jan 2006, at 17:00, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Pedro, or anyone else, do you have an opinion about this software?
> I've just been asked whether I think it's any good... It certainly
> *looks*
> quite cool.

A colleague just showed Zimbra to me today. I checked to see what's
running under the hood:

The Zimbra MTA server includes the following programs:
• Postfix MTA, for mail routing, mail relay, and message blocking.
• Clam AntiVirus, an antivirus engine integrated with the MTA,
designed for email scanning.
• SpamAssassin, a mail filter that attempts to identify unsolicited
commercial email (spam), using a variety of mechanisms.
• Amavisd-New, a Postfix content filter used as an interface between
Postfix and ClamAV / SpamAssassin.

It also uses Tomcat, MySQL and OpenLDAP, among other technologies.

I don't know about y'all, but these are names I know and trust. I
just wish that hosted demo did more...

-d.