DBI question: binding params in HAVING clauses

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jan 27 13:58:20 GMT 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:43:24AM -0500, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> $dbh->quote() is for strings.

Indeed.  However, because of how I'm building my queries, I don't know
in advance which params are going to be strings and which are ints.  So
now I'm having to do ...

$val = $dbh->quote($val) if($val !~/^-?\d+(\.\d+)?$/);

and things are beginning to look really messy.  Not to mention that I
got the regex wrong twice.  Which gets me back to wanting placeholders.

  "Cynical" is a word used by the naive to describe the experienced.
      George Hills, in uknot