attack of the killer tree rats

Jacqui Caren jacqui.caren at
Fri Jan 27 23:32:42 GMT 2006

Leon Brocard wrote:
> They bit my finger when I was younger. I still fear them, creeping
> through the woods at night, squirrels working in packs, distracting me
> with the leader while the ones with the sharp teeth come at me from
> downwind... ARRGGGGH.

That reminds me - our dogs used to do that to "army mateys" (we live
behind sandhurst military academy. One day we had the dogs run off
ahead (around a corner in the trail we were following).
In front of us was an army matey standing stock still with arms
crossed over his chest (parachute style).

Deiter our 8 stone male was standing around 10 feet in front of him.
Lacey (~7 stone female) was at the same distance but at his left.
Both were in perfect stance and the soldier was silently bricking it.

We called the dogs off and apologised - he said thanks (sweatily)
and ran off to do his exercises :-)

p.s. this was *before* the DDA :-(

Although deets was SV trained, this is what happens to vistors and why
he was called the "hug puppy":)